February 17th, 2023
Founded in 1954, Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a national non-profit organization, based in the Greater Toronto Area. CCS provides services that assist in the settlement and integration of refugees and newcomers. CCS aims to empower immigrants of all religions, ethnicities, countries of origin, immigration status, sexual orientation or political affiliation to develop the skills and acquire the knowledge necessary to settle, integrate and succeed in Canada. A fuller description of the wide range of services offered by CCS may be reviewed at https://www.cathcrosscultural.org/
Currently, CCS is now seeking applications from committed individuals to serve on its Board of Directors.
• Serve as a member of a collegial body that is firmly committed to the objectives and principles of the agency, for a maximum of two consecutive 3-year terms.
• Provide professional insight, advice and guidance on the direction of CCS in accordance with standard corporate governance principles.
• Participate fully in decision-making activities, both at the Board and Committee levels.
• Help raise the profile of CCS in the community.
• Build relationships with all stakeholders.
• An understanding of or empathy for the immigrant experience.
• Previous Governance experience, and/or knowledge of or experience in the settlement sector or government relations, are assets.
• Diversity awareness and knowledge.
• Must be residing within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), preferably in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How to Apply:
Please forward expressions of interest, including resume and contact information by June, 2023 to email@example.com.
Catholic Crosscultural Services Board of Directors should reflect the diversity of the people it serves. Applications from members of equality-seeking groups are encouraged in this regard.